LocationPentagon Centre, 36 Washington Street, Glasgow, G3 8AZ
PriceFREE to Money Advice Scotland members
Outcomes / Benefits
- Learn more about a central issue facing the Scottish advice sector
- Make your voice heard in this key consultation
"A very well organised and facilitated day, drawing on the experience of the sector"
"I really enjoyed the sessions and it was a really valuable learning experience. It has really enhanced my understanding "
"I felt it went really well and generated some great discussion"
MAS membership event - Wyman review
On Tuesday 20 March 2018, Money Advice Scotland will hold a consultation event to discuss the recommendations set out within the Wyman Review
Last month, Peter Wyman published his independent review of debt advice funding.
The report sets out a series of far-reaching recommendations which, if implemented, may yet have major implications for the advice sector in Scotland.
Key recommendations include:
- Face-to-face advice should continue to be widely available, but free-to-client providers should commit to shifting 15% of face-to-face demand to telephone advice, and 20% of telephone demand to webchat-assisted advice, over the next two financial years, with a further and corresponding channel shift over the following three financial years
- Free-to-client providers should commit to 20% efficiency savings over the next two financial years, achieved by greater use of technology and greater sector collaboration
- The financial services levy for debt advice should be temporarily increased by £10m per year for 2018/19 and 2019/20
- All organisations that offer exempt debt advice should adhere to a code of conduct that commits them to using an authorised quality management process, and accreditation of advisers using one of the authorised schemes
To help inform our own feedback to the Debt Advice Steering Group, we are keen to secure the views of our members.
The event is scheduled to run from 10am to 3pm. A lunch will be provided on the day so please make sure you let us know of any dietary requirements when applying online.
A full agenda will be circulated closer to the event date. Demand for places is expected to be high.
Please note that this event is open to Money Advice Scotland members only. To find out more about membership, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the events team on 0141 572 0237